Monday, October 17, 2016

Bom Dia ALEGRIA

Olá Tudo Mundo!!! 

I hope you are all ready because this was one of THE BEST WEEKS OF MY ENTIRE LIFE!!! Miracles happened and I am so excited to tell you about them! :) 

On Wednesday Sister Smyth and I had a division with the sisters in Braga! I was with Sister Costa (once again a native Brazilian) and we had a blast serving together. I was able to ask her lots of Portuguese questions and she is just the happiest and nicest person in the world and we had a great day together! What made it even better was our lesson with Bruna!!!! As you know, Bruna has been doing wonderfully, coming to church, and loving everything that we were teaching! There was only one thing missing! She still wasn't wanting to get baptized. We didn't know why, but Sister Smyth and I decided that division day was the day to invite her again. So Sister Costa and I planned a lesson on faith and went in with prayers in our hearts. Well, we got in and Bruna started telling us about how much she liked Alma 32 that we had asked her to read the night before. She was talking about it and then said something about baptism. Now, my Portuguese is improving but I still have a longs ways to go and am slow at understanding. So she said something about baptism and I thought she was saying she still didn't want to talk about it. I WAS WRONG!!! All of a sudden Sister Costa got really excited and they were both looking at me and it hit me! SHE DECIDED SHE WANTS TO BE BAPTIZED!!!! Oh my goodness I cannot even describe the joy I felt! The lesson switched to planning the baptism! October 22nd is the day and we are all so excited! The members were all so excited when we announced it in church and I know it will be an incredible day! Stay tuned!! 

Other than that we knocked doors, talked to people in the streets, and had a great week! It is crazy to think that this week is the last week of the transfer! Time flies! 

Funny story of the week: To begin, if any of you don't know, one thing the Portuguese do is whenever you are greeting or saying goodbye to someone, you give beijinhos, or a kiss on both cheeks. And everyone does it! Obviously as missionaries, we give beijinhos to women and a nice firm handshake to gentleman. Okay now for the story! Yesterday we had the opportunity to teach a less active and his wife with the elders and had a great powerful lesson! But afterwards the member was dropping Sister Smyth and I off at the church. We all got out of the car, Sister Smyth shook his hand and then I went to shake his hand. Next thing I know he is going in for the beijinhos and I had to jump out of the way and apologize because it's a rule. The elders were laughing and Sister Smyth was crying she was laughing so hard. Welcome to the struggles of Sister Morey! 

Anyways, have a great week everyone! This gospel is true and I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be a part of this great work. Tchauzinhos!! 

Com muito amor,

Sister Morey

Ps Here are pictures of our division, district p-day at the bowling alley, and the pumpkins Sister Smyth and I carved today! 







No comments:

Post a Comment